Mother's Day Brunch

Thursday, May 18, 2017


I have a large extended family which is wonderful, but it makes it difficult to eat out-especially with young children and long lines.  So I decided to host Mother's Day at my house this year! I had fun setting up the table with my party finds from the Dollar Tree.  I bought an aqua colored roll of wrapping paper and used it as the table runner for a splash of color and paired it with colorful tropical hibiscus print napkins.  I bought a box of tiny umbrellas and a box of gold striped paper straws for the wine glasses which were later filled with virgin mimosas.  The table was adorned with white roses my husband bought for me which I cut and placed in mason jars.

Palm Beach Flamingo Party Collection available via Dunham Design Company 

Since I was doing the bulk of the cooking, I decided brunch was the easiest option.  The table was set with virgin mimosas (half orange juice & half sparkling cider) in each person's wine glass.  I had steaming hot coffee ready as well as frozen mochas (a cold sweet chocolate coffee drink-Pioneer Woman recipe).  I made gluten free waffles the day before and kept them warm in the oven.  I simply used the Bisquick gluten free mix and added vanilla and cinnamon to the batter.  I sliced organic strawberries and mixed it with a little white sugar for a waffle topping and also had organic maple syrup.  I made organic scrambled eggs with melted cheddar cheese which were gobbled right up-I never even got any! I also made a Greek Frittata filled with organic tomatoes, onions, Feta cheese, and dill and baked it in a cast iron skillet.  The Breakfast Hash was another Pioneer Woman recipe I used to add some veggies to the buffet.  I had store bought raspberry coffee cake on hand and organic vanilla yogurt parfaits.  The rest of the food was brought by other family members.


I really wanted to make all of the mothers feel special.  And I think everyone enjoyed themselves and left with full bellies. Happy Mother's Day to all of the hard working moms out there! Thank you for the love you have given us and may you feel loved on this special day! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Shop

Like Facebook Page

Pinterest